Wednesday, November 10, 2004

aurora borealis

the other night we saw the pulsating lights of the aurora borealis. the biting cold air numbed my fingers and toes as i stared out the window at the glowing sky. the the hills started climbing higher and the trees grew thicker so i climbed into my frost-laden bunk. even being wrapped up in a few warm blankets and encased within a sleeping bag, it still was difficult to shake the cold. the smell of diesel exhaust burned in my nasal cavity so i had to bury my head beneath the covers. i wished she was still here to hide from the cold with me. i miss the smell of her unwashed skin and hair....don't think i'll ever wash her scent away.

aurora:

The image “http://www.geo.mtu.edu/weather/aurora/images/aurora/jan.curtis/images/janc_006.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
more pictures of aurora borealis here



No comments: